The Town provides services to pickup fallen leaves in November and December; weather permitting. This assists residents with appropriate disposal of the leaves, and keeps the leaves out of the storm water system. The Highway crews use vacuum trucks and sweepers to collect the leaves once the bulk of leaves has fallen. There is no set schedule for leaf pick up.
When placing leaves for pick up:
- DO place leaves at the edge of your property, NOT on the pavement or in the gutters.
- DO NOT mix sticks or other debris in the leaf piles, as these can cause damage to our equipment and/or employees. Mixed piles will not be collected.
- DO NOT place leaves in cardboard boxes, paper bags or plastic bags. Bagged and boxed leaves will not be collected.
- DO NOT place leaf piles behind obstacles such as trees, cars, mailboxes, hydrants, poles, etc.
- For safety reasons, please DO NOT allow your children to play in piles of leaves by the road.