Garbage Pick-Up Information
Butler Disposal is the current refuse collector for the Town of DeWitt.
To contact Butler Disposal call (315) 342-0832 or (800) 794-8727 or visit butlerdisposalsystems.com.
Garbage only includes typical household trash. It does not include bulk items, construction/demolition debris, or any potentially toxic, medical, or radioactive waste.
Levels of Service
Level of Service should be determined by each household’s weekly volume of garbage. Service rates include Town yard waste and brush collection. To change your level or service, visit the Planning & Zoning office at the DeWitt Town Hall. All changes must be made on or before September 15 to be effective for the following year. New homeowners will retain the level of service from the previous owner until they submit changes to the Planning & Zoning office.
- Self Service$60.00/year
- Household delivers garbage and recyclables to OCRRA transfer station and pays for the same. Ten OCRRA stickers from the Town solid waste program are provided. Additional self-serve stickers can be purchased directly from OCRRA.
- Curbside Service
- Single Service$107.50/year
- A household may put curbside one (1) thirty-two-gallon bag or container of garbage each week along with unlimited recyclables.
- General Service$250.00/year
- Up to three (3) 32-gallon bags or one (1) 96-gallon container of garbage may be put out each week along with unlimited recyclables.
- Full Service$385.00/year
- Unlimited garbage and unlimited recyclables.
- Single Service$107.50/year
- Off-Curb Service (pick up at your door – but not inside a building)
Collection Days & Delays
Garbage and recycling are picked up weekly, Tuesday-Friday. for more information please see below.
Zone 1: Wednesdays | Zone 2: Tuesdays | Zone 3: Thursdays | Zone 4: Fridays
Holidays that fall on a Monday do not affect the pick-up schedule. Typically, if the following Holidays fall on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, refuse collection scheduled for that day and the rest of the week will be delayed 1 day
Recycling in Onondaga County reduces the waste load by over 60%. OCRRA’s Recycling program offers full details on what is and is not recyclable for DeWitt and all other municipalities. For a full listing of items that can or cannot be recycled, check out OCRRA's Brochure. The following materials can be placed in your blue bin:
- papers, mail, envelopes
- newspaper, magazines, softcover books
- cardboard, pizza boxes
- #1 and #2 plastic bottles (clean, no lids)
- #5 plastic tubs (clean, no lids)
- cans, jars (clean)
Free blue bins for home recyclables can be obtained at the Ted Marsh Highway Facility located at 5953 Butternut Drive, East Syracuse. Bins are located inside the building, enter at the "Office Door" and can be picked up Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays) from 7 am until 3 pm. Directions to the Ted Marsh Highway Facility
Due to a current shortage, please only take up to two blue bins. If blue bins are not available, recyclables can be placed on the curb in a cardboard box, paper bag, or another recyclable container. The Town will restock blue bins as soon as they become available. For a list of other places to get blue bins visit OCRAA's website.
You may order additional products including Toter Rental, additional stickers, and disposal of bulk items. Contact Butler Disposal for pricing, billing arrangements, and to schedule a pick-up.