Brush and Yard Waste
The Town Highway Department collects yard and brush debris once each month from April through October. Yard and brush waste is the “woody” natural material from your property including: cut pieces of trees, limbs and brush. This service is intended to provide homeowners an appropriate way to dispose of green waste, it is not intended to supplement or compete with private contractors.
The Town does not collect construction debris, dirt, rocks, sod, stumps or grass clippings.
The collected waste is taken to the OCRRA facility in Jamesville where it is ground and mixed into mulch and compost. Each area will be picked up during the identified week of each month. Yard Waste Information and Map
For alphabetical listing of streets in a given area, access these links:
The Town provides services to pickup fallen leaves in November and December; weather permitting. This assists residents with appropriate disposal of the leaves, and keeps the leaves out of the storm water system. The Highway crews use vacuum trucks and sweepers to collect the leaves once the bulk of leaves has fallen. There is no set schedule for leaf pick up.
When placing leaves for pick up:
- DO place leaves at the edge of your property, NOT on the pavement or in the gutters.
- DO NOT mix sticks or other debris in the leaf piles, as these can cause damage to our equipment and/or employees. Mixed piles will not be collected.
- DO NOT place leaves in cardboard boxes, paper bags or plastic bags. Bagged and boxed leaves will not be collected.
- DO NOT place leaf piles behind obstacles such as trees, cars, mailboxes, hydrants, poles, etc.
- For safety reasons, please DO NOT allow your children to play in piles of leaves by the road.
Christmas Tree Collection
There is no set schedule
The Town will collect Christmas trees during the month of January.
Place your tree – no plastic bags, metal, lights, tinsel, stands, or ornaments – at the curb, and the highway department will pick them up.
How can I dispose of a wreath? Take the wreath apart. NO METAL in the GREENERY.
You can put the greenery curbside with a Christmas tree or put it out in the spring with other lawn debris.
The support structure can be disposed of in the trash or recycling depending upon what the material is