|Job Posting - Motor Equipment Operator|
Notices and Alerts
Highway Department Motor Equipment Operator
The work involves responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and care of moderately complex motor equipment in towns and villages. The employee is responsible for the routine maintenance of their vehicles and when not driving, do light to heavy physical labor, such as raking, shoveling, carpentry, masonry, and mechanics. Does related work as required. Work is performed under supervision, except for the more routine repetitive assignments. Must be available for snowplowing, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, through the winter months.
- Will operate a dump truck, loader, backhoe, flatbed truck and plow wing in connection with the removal of snow, street cleaning and transportation of various types of materials, tools, equipment and supplies in a safe and lawful manner.
- Will perform a variety of manual labor tasks, such as cleaning culverts, installing storm sewers, shoveling snow, painting, road maintenance work; load and unload trucks.
- Will check the working condition of equipment; will assist and perform routine service and maintenance; assist with emergency repairs and with general repairs as necessary.
- Is able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- May operate bulldozer, grader, power shovel, roller or other heavy equipment on assignment.
- Is in physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Possess a clean, valid, NYS Class A or B commercial driver’s license without restrictions
- Experience in repair and maintenance of automotive, construction or heavy equipment
- Experience drivers with a CDL License Class A or B with Manual Transmission
- Must take, and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen
To apply contact the Highway Department at (315) 437-8331.